What time of year is it? HOT CHOCOLATE time!
I start craving comfort food items this time of year. One of my favorites is hot chocolate; I love the richness and how it warms you up on a cold day. Our chef came up with this great Paleo version. It is thick and rich with a nice touch of cinnamon. Using coconut cream gives it a unique flavor! This would be great for curling up next to a fire with a good book and/or someone special! We hope you enjoy our recipe as much as we do! Happy Holidays!
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups coconut milk, stirred to combine milk and cream
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder, mixed with ½ cup boiling water to dissolve
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, whisk coconut milk, honey, cinnamon and together until combined.
- Stir in cacao powder mixture, vanilla and cinnamon sticks.
- Set to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, and pour into mugs.