Coconut Chicken Soup Recipe
Write a review
- coconut oil or lard - 1 Tbsp
- cooked chicken (e.g., rotisserie, leftovers) - about 2 cups, shredded or chopped
- cabbage - 1 small or 1/2 large
- carrots - 1 pound
- full-fat coconut milk - 1 can (13.5 ounces)
- chicken stock (preferably home made) - 8-10 cups
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Prepare vegetables. Chop cabbage into 1/2-inch dice. Clean and trim carrots and slice diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Warm oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until wilted.
- Add carrots and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, increase heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are just barely fork tender. Add chicken, coconut milk, and seasonings. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Recipe submitted by the always awesome Paleo Table.
Scope them out for great paleo resources, meal plan ideas, and tasty recipes!