We’re a pre-made paleo meal delivery service. If you don’t feel like baking, why not get this cake delivered instead?
Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Recipe
Write a review
For the crust
- 1 cup cashew/almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
For the cheesecake
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 3 cups cranberries
- 3/4 cups organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Candied Orange peel garnish
- Peel of 1/2 an orange, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine almond, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, baking soda and salt.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides a little of a parchment lined 6-inch springform pan. Bake until set, about 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Wrap a layer of heavy-duty foil around bottom and up sides of springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light. Beat in arrowroot and add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in the orange peel and vanilla extract.
- Pour filling over the crust and place the springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan with hot water to fill almost halfway up the sides of springform pan. Bake until the center of the filling is set, about 55 minutes (the center will still move when jiggled).
- Remove cake from water and transfer to rack to cool completely. Cover and chill overnight.
For the topping
- Combine water and juice and stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries and cook until they begin to pop. Stirring often, cook the cranberries for about 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in orange peel and remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Cheesecake and cranberry mixture can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.
For the candied orange peel
- Combine the water the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Add orange peel and stir to combine. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally (do not stir) until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and lay out the orange peel on parchment paper to dry.
- To assemble: Run knife around top edge of cheesecake to loosen. Release pan sides. Top cheesecake with cranberry mixture and decorate with the candied peel. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/