Cabbage, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger combine in this amazing dish which may remind you of a favorite take-out meal: Moo Shu. The paleo hoisin sauce takes about 15 minutes to make and it is SO worth it. It’s definitely a treat you’ll enjoy!
Crock Pot Moo Shu Beef Recipe
- beef chuck roast - 2 pounds
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- cabbage, red or green - 1/2 head, cored and sliced thin on a mandoline or with a sharp knife
- fresh ginger root - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- garlic cloves - 3, minced
- paleo hoisin sauce - 1 cup
- coconut or apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- shitake mushrooms - 8 ounces, sliced
- green onions - 4, white and green parts thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, optional - 1/2 tsp
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of your crock pot dish.
- Sprinkle cabbage over the top, then evenly distribute ginger and garlic.
- Drizzle hoisin sauce and vinegar over the top.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- One hour before meat is done, add mushrooms and half of the green onions.
- To serve, transfer roast from the crock pot to a cutting board. Cut into bite-sized pieces, discarding any visible chunks of fat. Add meat back to crock pot and stir together crock pot contents.
- To serve, divide evenly among shallow bowls. Drizzle with additional hoisin sauce and sprinkle with remaining green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Paleo on the Go http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Scope them out for great paleo resources, meal plan ideas, and tasty recipes!