Mother’s Day is upon us once again, when we celebrate all things Mom. Moms love brunch and here we have a great menu for you to make her feel special. Seriously; if your mom is still with us go out of your way to celebrate her and make her feel like the queen she is. Besides, moms love to have meals cooked for them! Check out the links to the recipes below.
The side dishes that Chef Ann created in the POTG Test kitchen are simple and tasty. My favorite is the sweet potato stacks, so delicious! I love the crispy edges of the thinly sliced potato. Roasting is a great method for preparing asparagus. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon at the end adds a nice brightness to them.
Ive never been much of a fish eater. If I do eat fish I tend to like the lighter, white fleshed varieties. I have tried salmon many times and simply didn’t care for it. I think that the combination of the mirepoix in the poaching water and the incredible Green Sauce make this incredible. In fact, I had several bites and enjoyed it immensely.
Bonus Recipe, Raspberry Lemonade
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, chilled
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 liter sparkling water, chilled
- Fresh mint and ice, for serving
- Place raspberries in a food processor and pulse until well pureed.
- Force raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher whisk together water and honey and mix until blended.
- Stir in raspberry mixture and lemon juice then pour in sparkling water and stir once.
- Serve with ice and fresh mint.
Delicious and refreshing, give it a try!