Huevos Rancheros is one of those classic Mexican comfort food dishes.
Every restaurant you go to has their own style. Our Executive Chef came up with this Paleo version using our very own Paleo on the Go Tortillas and POTG smoky Southwest Cheese. It is so delicious you will want to make it every morning. Check it out!
- 4 eggs
- 4 T. ghee
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 2 T. cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 avocadoes, pit removed and sliced
- 4 POTG tortillas
- 1 block POTG smoky southwest cheese, grated
- 3 scallions sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime and salt to make pico de gallo. Set aside. Heat the tortillas on a sheet tray in the oven and reserve. In a nonstick saute pan, heat the ghee and fry the eggs two at a time in your favorite style.
- Lay two tortillas on each plate, divide the pico de gallo among all four, sprinkle with grated cheese and scallions and then top with eggs.
- Fan out slices of avocado around each plate.