Instant Pot AIP Sweet Potato Leek Soup
Although we can enjoy soup at any time of year, the winter season is really when our tastes favor this type of food. Here at POTG we recently got an Instant Pot and have been busy coming up with recipes to post here on the blog. This is the perfect piece of equipment to have in the kitchen because it is fast and easy to clean – better than an old fashioned crock pot. You can sauté, steam and boil all in one pot. This soup was ready to eat in just 30 minutes cooking time!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only sliced thinly (about 2 cups)
- 3 large Japanese white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup coconut cream, skimmed off top of can of coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Garnish: Chives , finely chopped
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil and then add garlic and leek and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and sweet.
- Add potatoes and broth, place the lid on and turn on pressure and cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are very soft and almost falling apart.
- After Instant Pot depressurizes, open and puree soup with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and stir in coconut cream. Use more coconut milk to thin the soup if it is too thick for your taste.
- Serve sprinkled with chives.