What is Carob?
Ceratonia siliqua is more commonly known as the Carob Tree. Carob is actually in the Pea family, growing pods that contain the carob seed. Once the pods are dried the carob seeds are ground into powder which is then used as a chocolate replacement. But just because it isn’t real chocolate doesn’t mean that it isn’t rich and delicious. I think one of the most decadent desserts is Chocolate Mousse, so rich and creamy it’s a chocolate lovers dream.
From the Creators of the Carob Delight Slim Mint Cookie…
Our Carob Delight Slim Mint Cookie is made with carob and we have paired it with what we should probably call Carob Mousse. Just because it isn’t chocolate doesn’t mean that it isn’t rich and delicious. This AIP recipe is every bit as rich and creamy as if it were made with chocolate. Go ahead and reward yourself. The chef came up with this recipe that is simple to make and pleasing to the palate. Make yourself a batch, sit back and relax, dip your AIP Carob Delight Slim Mint Cookie into the rich chocolaty goodness. You will thank us later!
Paleo AIP Mint Chocolate Mousse
- 2 cups coconut cream, skimmed off top of coconut milk can which has been refrigerated
- 4 tablespoons carob powder
- 3 T. honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 AIP Slim Mint Cookies
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out two cups of hardened cream, placing it in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand held mixer on low speed, slowly start to whip the coconut cream.
- Add carob, honey and vanilla extract and gradual work to a higher speed until ingredients are well combined and you have incorporated enough air for desired texture.
- Spoon the mousse into dessert cups, top each cup with a slim mint cookie.