What can you serve for dinner when you don’t have a lot of time but want something delicious? Kielbasa and cabbage! This is a great dish I would definitely classify as comfort food. Pederson’s No Sugar Smoked Kielbasa is a great item to keep on hand for those times you need some deliciousness in your life but don’t have a lot of time. It thaws quickly and is oh so versatile, great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. As mentioned this dish is very simple. How can you go wrong with onions, garlic, cabbage and kielbasa? The best part is you can make a big batch and have it for several meals, or to pack a lunch for work. Cook the cabbage so that it has some crunch to it and it will be able to withstand being reheated.
Did you know that Pederson’s Whole30 Approved Uncured No Sugar Smoked Kielbasa is humanely raised containing no antibiotics, growth stimulants and is fed no animal by-products. The kielbasa is “Minimally processed, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, no added nitrates or nitrites, no gluten, no lactose, no MSG, and no added sweeteners“. Like I said, stock up so you have it in the freezer for those times you need something savory and delicious.
Savory Paleo Kielbasa with Cabbage
- 1 Pederson’s Kielbasa, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons, (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in a sauté pan
- Add onions, sweat until translucent
- Add garlic and kielbasa, sauté until kielbasa is golden.
- Add cabbage, two tablespoons of water and cover to steam for a minute or two.
- Season with salt and pepper.