Want to make our pork green chili at home? Ours is a little different because we add in sweet potatoes. It’s one of my favorites!
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into small chunks
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 lbs tomatillos, rinsed, quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Sear pork in coconut oil in a large dutch oven.
- Saute onion. Add more coconut oil if necessary.
- Add beef broth, pork, tomatillos, garlic, sea salt, cumin, pepper, and sweet potato.
- Cover and place in oven at 350.
- Cook until pork is fork tender. Approximately 2-3 hours.
- Taste for seasonings. Add more salt if necessary.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve.
Tex Mex flavors blend cuisines of the south and classic Mexican food as well as Native American cooking. Known as the ultimate comfort food. Check out this site for a Tracing the History of Tex Mex to learn about this delicious food.
If you are looking for a AIP/Paleo option check out our Grass fed Beef Taco Kit