This. Dish. Is. Incredible. When testing this recipe I got seconds. And thirds. Watch out Roscoe’s! You won’t even believe this is paleo!
Waffles and Oven Fried Chicken
Write a review
- 3 eggs, divided
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. sea salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk.
- Add almond flour and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk egg whites until they form moist, stiff peaks.
- Fold about ¼ of egg whites into batter. Fold batter into remaining egg whites in three parts.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Scoop 1/3 C. of batter onto a preheated and greased waffle iron. Do not smooth the top of the batter before closing the top of the iron. Close the lid gently!
- Cook until golden brown.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, dredge chicken parts in flour mixture and lay out on sheet tray. Spray with even coating of olive oil and bake in 375 oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve two waffles and two pieces of chicken per person with maple syrup and ghee on the side.
Paleo on the Go Test Kitchen http://blog.paleoonthego.com/