Nichole Rheiner of Cavemomma invented this delicious dish! Nichole is an RN, athlete, wife, a contributing writer to several magazines (including BreakingMuscle.com) and is the mother of SEVEN, yes seven, children who believes that healthy strong parents create healthy, strong children. This feta chicken dish is popular at her house!
Cavemomma’s Feta Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts, split and tenderized
- 1 c feta cheese (optional)
- 2 medium pears, peeled & cubed
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 large red onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound bacon
- Handful of Spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 ° Cook Bacon in cast iron skillet til crisp. Remove from pan. Add onion, rosemary, lemon juice and garlic to pan. Sautee until onion is soft. Add apple & pear and cook for just a minute before stirring in spinach, cooking until wilted. Remove and set aside. Sear both sides of chicken breast in bacon fat for 2 min each side. Transfer to glass or stone baking pan, layer bacon, then spinach apple mix onto chicken and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- (optional: Sprinkle feta over entire dish and bake for an additional 5 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sauteed rosemary zucchini and Cauliflower rice. Bon Apetit!