Unfortunately, many of us If you’re anything like the rest of the Paleo world, you dearly love and miss the noodley goodness of a heaping bowl of Pad Thai.While many of us aren’t able to indulge in noodles without some undesirable side effects, this Shrimp Pad Thai uses fresh veggies in place of the starch-laden noodles.
Lucky for us, The Paleo Mom rocks at cooking, and has created a super easy Shrimp Pad Thai recipe to satisfy the most wicked Thai food cravings. Read on!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or other cooking fat
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 12-oz bags broccoli slaw (8 to 10 cups)
- 2-3 large carrots, julienned or thickly grated
- 12-16 oz salad shrimp, precooked and tails off
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Cook stirring frequently until broccoli slaw and carrot are cooked al dente, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes just until shrimp are warmed. Add cilantro and green onions,
- Cook 30 more seconds.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.