This was my favorite prep of the salmon series. Of course, you need to like cilantro to appreciate this recipe. The flavorful fresh sauce compliments to fresh salmon beautifully, served with some lightly sautéed fresh vegetables this makes for a delicious dinner. But that sauce; call it a dressing and toss some nice mixed greens with it, place the salmon on top of the bed of greens and you have an amazing salad. You can even use the sauce/dressing as a dip for crudité, oh the possibilities!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Sea salt
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the sauce, add coconut cream, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt to taste to processor bowl. Process until a rich green sauce is formed. Set aside at room temperature while preparing salmon.
- Pat both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides evenly with sea salt. Heat an oven safe 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and once oil is shimmering add salmon top side down first. Leave some space between fillets and cook about 4 minutes, without moving, on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip salmon to opposite side and place pan in 400 degree oven until salmon has cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer. Serve warm with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce.
Skillet Seared Salmon with Cilantro Sauce (AIP)