Sweet potatoes, grass-fed ground beef and a ton of veggies. The cottage pie recipe is a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet.
Swwet Potato and Smoked Paprika Cottage Pies
- 3 TBS Ghee (preferable OMghee because it’s the best ghee you can find anywhere)
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- veggies I used: (really, you can saute any chopped veggies you have on hand in with the meat)
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 3 spears of asparagus chopped
- 1/2 a small onion finely chopped
- 2 TBS smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper to your liking
Paleo on the Go http://blog.paleoonthego.com/
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put cubed sweet potatoes in a pan with some water, bring to a boil and turn to a low boil for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
Boil cubed sweet potatoes Using this awesome mix n chop masher, I mashed the potatoes with a big old dollop of ghee, sea salt, pepper, and 1 TBS smoked paprika mash the potatoes.
While those potatoes were cooking, I browned the meat and vegetables in 1 TBS of ghee with some sea salt, black pepper, and 1 TBS smoked paprika (using my mix n chopper again). 🙂
I used (4) individual ramekin bowls. These were under $2 each at Target. I’m sure you can get fancy ones too, if so inclined. I put the meat and veggie mixture in each bowl about 3/4 way full:
Then I topped each bowl with the mashed sweet potato:
Then I sprinkled on some more smoked paprika:
I popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes, and then carefully (using oven mitt) took them out to cool slightly. I sprinkled some chives on top of each ramekin: in the oven for about 20 minutes Enjoy!