Two Easy AIP Side Dishes to Compliment Any Meal
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and trim off the tough, fibrous part.
- Spread it out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and garlic.
- Give the asparagus a toss to coat it evenly, then roast it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, just until tender.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon juice over it just before serving.
A Great Side Dish for Breakfast or Brunch!
These Rosemary Sweet Potato Stacks would be a great breakfast or brunch side dish as well. Instead of typical hash browns, offer your guest something a little different!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 T. fresh chopped rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes (use a mandoline if you have one).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and rosemary.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Layer potato slices into 8 stacks on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle tops with salt.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, depending on thickness of your sweet potatoes, until edges and tops are golden brown, and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with a little more fresh chopped rosemary.